Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

My Big Boy is Three Weeks Old Today!

Wow!  It has been three weeks since Stephen made his grand appearance!  It has flown by, and it makes me realize how fast time will go.
When we left the hospital, Stephen weighed 7lbs, 14oz.  At his check-up today, he’s tipping the scales at 10lbs, 10oz and he’s grown a inch for a total length of 21 inches.  What a big boy!  In the past week, he’s grown out of his Newborn diapers and clothes, and we’ve had to adjust the straps on his car seat already!  While it is exciting to see him get bigger and stronger, it is scary to look at how fast he’s growing.
Stephen is developing his own personality.  He loves getting a sponge bath, watching the monkeys on his pack & play, listening to any kind of music, walking around the neighborhood, and riding in the car.  He is not a fan of going to sleep, getting his clothes changed, or shopping at Wal-Mart.  He has the most heartwarming smile, and I see it every time he eats, and right before he falls asleep.  While it is still too early to figure out all of his habits, he’s sleeping for about 3 hours at a time during the night.  He naps in the mornings and afternoons, but fights sleep in the evening and around 4:30am. 
We’ve had lots of things going on since we came home.  Stephen has had plenty of visitors, and everyone has fallen in love with him.  On Monday of last week, we had a session with Samantha from Two Little Monkeys Photography.  She was amazing, and stayed for about four hours taking picture after picture of our beautiful little man.  She has posted a few sneak peeks on Facebook, so if you’re on the social networking site, “like” her page and you can see some amazing shots!  Samantha posted the gallery of all of the pictures online yesterday.  I have no idea how we will choose which pictures to order.  I thought it would be a quick process, but seeing all of these pictures makes me realize I was SO WRONG!  Once I make a decision, I will post them on here so you can enjoy them, too.
Stephen has a busy summer planned for him already!  Next weekend, we’re heading to Virginia to meet my mother and grandmother.  Abi will be coming with us, and she’ll head up to Connecticut with them for a two-week session at Camp Sloper.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Stephen will be a good traveler, since we’ll be on the road more often than not!  I’m so excited for Stephen to meet Great-Grandma DiVito, and I just know she’s going to love him!  The following weekend, we’re heading to visit Shawn’s family in IL.  That will be a longer drive for Stephen, so I’m double-crossing my fingers that he is content in our travels.
Since we’ve come home, I’ve found it difficult to keep up with the blog, but I’m going to do my best to continue to post pictures and stories to share!  He’s already growing so fast, so I need to make sure to keep up with every milestone.
After meeting Shawn, I never thought I’d fall in love again.  Stephen has proven me wrong; I just love this little guy!


Despite the look on his face, he really does like bath time!

Trying to get warm after bath time!

Relaxing during nap time

 
Stephen loves to go for a walk...he's usually awake when we go!







No comments:

Post a Comment