Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Team Blue

On Tuesday, January 18th, we were 16 weeks, 1 day along.  Shawn found something online that said the baby's gender could easily be determined at this point.  For those of you that know Shawn, once he gets an idea in his head, it has to be done RIGHT THEN.  (Unless, of course, the "idea" is the "honey-do list" I've come up with....)

Shawn wanted to do an elective 3D ultrasound.  I've never been a big fan of these, and to be honest, thought they seemed a little creepy.  We had a "discussion" about it, and finally I ended up telling Shawn that if he made the appointment and he took care of all of the details, I would do it.  (I, of course, thought this would end up on the "honey-do list".)  Ten minutes later, Shawn told me to drink a lot of water because our appointment was in two hours. 

To be honest, I was less than thrilled.  I'm sure Deidra at Watch Me Grow Ultrasound could tell, too.  Begrudgingly, I filled out the paperwork and allowed myself to be led into the ultrasound room.  This was no ordinary ultrasound room, though.  Instead of having to squint to see our Little One on the monitor, there was a 53" flat screen TV.  The soft sound of instrumental lullabies was in the background, and I found that very relaxing.  (Until, of course, I looked at Shawn and could see him trying to figure out if we could get a 53" flat screen in the Man Cave....)

Once Deidra set up the machine, she asked if we had heard our baby's heartbeat yet.  Since we had not, that was the first thing we did.  What an amazing sound!  Let's just say the tears started to roll then, and I didn't really have a dry eye after that.

Within five minutes of the ultrasound, my worries and reservations about the 3D ultrasound were out the window.  I guess it is different when it it your own Little One up on that screen, but there was nothing creepy about it.  I fell in love! 

We were only scheduled for a 15 minute appointment, but we ended up staying for almost an hour.  Why?  Well, that was because our stubborn Little One wouldn't uncross his legs for the first 30 minutes!  And, when he did....he put his hand between his legs, continuing to block our view.  Modest?  Nah....Stubborn!  Once he finally let us see, though, it was hard to get him to stop!  We were also able to see him trying to eat his toes, crossing his legs, waving, tucking his hand behind his head, and dancing all over the place.

Deidra was wonderful, and I could not have been happier with our experience.  She let us take home a CD of over 35 pictures.  We also booked an appointment for another 3D ultrasound in March.  We're hoping my family can come down that weekend and see, too.  (Trust me, the TV is big enough!)

Boy Parts!
Side-by-Side:  The traditional ultrasound, and Our Little Man in 3D
See his hand over his eye?
He must get this from Shawn...he's trying to put his foot in his mouth!
Our last picture that day...giving us the thumbs-up!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I remember how stubborn mine was about letting us know what he was. Your little one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete