Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stubborn Little Thing

After we told our families and friends over the Christmas break, Shawn and I returned to NC and had our next doctor's appointment.  We were so excited about this appointment, because it was supposed to be the first time we would be able to hear our Little One's heartbeat.

In the doctor's office, we spent more than five minutes with the doppler machine.  I know five minutes doesn't seem like a long time, but when you're searching for a tiny heartbeat and can't find it, five minutes is eternity.  The doctor finally said, "Well, I'm having a little trouble finding it.  Let's head over to the ultrasound room."  While he seemed calm and collected, I broke down.  I was so afraid something was wrong, and I was not ready to hear that news.

The wait in the ultrasound room also felt like forever.  When we were finally ready to go, the doctor first moved the machine so Shawn and I couldn't see the screen.  Then, we heard, "Ah-ha!  There's that heartbeat.   Your baby seems to be a little...stubborn.  Everytime I get close, the baby moves so I can't get a good look."  He then let us look at the screen.  We both saw the heartbeat.  I cannot even begin to tell you what that was like...relief doesn't seem like a strong enough word.

Since we were getting the ultrasound, the doctor agreed to print some more pictures for us.  But, every time he went to snap a picture, our Little One flipped over.  The doctor was able to get plenty of "butt shots"!  The doctor mentioned again how stubborn our Little One seemed, and at that moment....it hit me!  It HAS to be a girl!  Nothing says a DiVito Family Girl like stubborn and doing their own thing!  (For those of you who know our family, you know I don't mean this as an insult...we're very proud of that!)

We did get one "face shot", but it is really hard to see it.  Well, it was for me anyway.  All I could see was an octopus eye, and I'm pretty sure we're not having one of those!
Our "Face Shot"
To the right of the picture, you can see the baby's forehead, eyes, nose, mouth and chin.
Or, like me, maybe you just see an octopus eye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment