Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Showered With Love

Shawn and I headed North this weekend!  We left home on Wednesday evening, and got into Connecticut early on Thursday morning.  We had a wonderful weekend, complete with a baby shower!  My mother threw an amazing baby shower for me and Baby Q on Saturday, April 16th.  I definately felt showered with love from family and friends!
Mom worked hard to plan a shower in a short amount of time.  Our Baby Boy Blue shower was perfect!  Guests enjoyed a delicious spread of sandwiches, salads, jello squares, fruit, and snacks, and a sweet dessert table with cupcakes (Funfetti, of course!) and a cake just for Baby Q!
 



As guests arrived, Mom asked them to fill out a form with their name, and their guess for Baby Q's birthdate, time, and weight.  The winner of the guessing game will win a Fourth of July basket!  (And, interestingly enough, no one picked Baby Q's due date of July 4th as his actual arrival date!!)


I think I can speak for all of the guests when I say we had a wonderful afternoon.  Baby Q was showered with love (and presents!) from everyone!  This baby is definately going to be spoiled!  I was so grateful that my family and friends came to spend the day with us!  I'll admit; I sometimes get homesick living so far away.  This weekend was a perfect opportunity to see people and get that "touch of home" feeling back!

I just want to thank everyone for their love and support for our family!  And I'd like to say a BIG thank you to my mother, for throwing an amazing shower!  She's going to be the best Nonna ever!!










No comments:

Post a Comment