We picked “Something Blue” but the day we went to buy the paint we changed it to “Soar”. We thought Something Blue would be too dark. We started cleaning out the room by finishing up whatever was left on our first Disney trip scrapbook (it took her two-and-a-half years to do!) We sold the table and packed up and moved everything else out of the room. For some reason, Aubrey wants to leave the dresses in the closet, even though the baby will NEVER wear them! We never thought we would start painting as early as we did, but Aubrey’s parents are coming into town and I wanted to get it done before they got here.
We started prepping the room for paint. Abi was with us also, and she wanted to paint too. So I gave her a few chores, like vacuuming the room and dusting the baseboards. Aubrey thought she was going to get out of doing any of the hard work, but I made her mask up the bottom trim and doors. It took us about an hour-and-a-half to finish prepping the room.
Aubrey was nice enough to take Abi to school so I could start painting the room before I went to work on Tuesday. I started outlining the ceiling and close to the trim. I started to notice that the wall was soaking in the paint. I finished up the corners, around the doors, the light sockets, and the window sill, and grabbed the big brush to finish the rest of the room. When I put the big brush in the paint and started painting, I wasn’t getting much coverage because of the wall soaking up the paint. So, I had to switch up to the trim roller (the smallest roller I have!) and paint the room that way. It ended up taking twice as long. I used up about half of the bucket of paint for the first coat. Even though the wall was soaking up the paint, I still could tell there were places I didn’t get. I thought it was kind of neat, because it looked kind of like clouds, but I knew if I left it that way Aubrey would be mad. (And she had already started texting me to send a picture when I was done!) I started working on my second coat, which was going a little faster. I got about 75% of the room done before I realized I was running out of paint. I had to start spreading my paint out and trying to cover up as much as I could with the little amount I had left. I had to scrape the bucket to get as much as I could. Some way, somehow I finished painting the room. There is no paint left, but there’s also no paint on the floor!
I was weary that the room was not going to turn out as well as it did because of the fact that I had to scrape and paint the layer thin. I sent Aubrey a picture on her phone and told her I was finished. I could tell her excitement!
I am really excited about the room being done. This is the start of something new and exciting. I can’t wait to start getting everything in there. It feels like its not happening fast enough; I wanted everything done the same day I was painting! I find myself walking into that room every day, hoping something has changed, even though I know it hasn’t.